|Position Title:||Administrative Officer - Student Compliance and Engagement|
|Tenure:||Full time, fixed term (12 months)|
|Salary Range:||$68,694 - $75,251 (G05)|
|Description:||Curtin University is ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide (ARWU 2017), and in the top 50 in the world for universities under the age of 50 (QS World University Rankings 2017). In recent years, the University has climbed significantly in global league tables and was named as a rising star, the most collaborative of the Australian universities, and the biggest Australian mover in the Nature Index results for 2016. Curtin is industry-facing, highly engaged with relevant partners, and a major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, and Dubai.
The Faculty of Business and Law values all forms of student experience and student engagement across our diverse student cohorts. The Faculty of Business and Law has a centralised Faculty Student Engagement Portfolio, which supports our students at all stages of the student lifecycle.
Help us build Curtin's future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Student Engagement team are seeking a Student Compliance and Engagement Officer (Administrative Officer) to join their team in the Faculty of Business as Law on a full time, fixed term basis for 12 months.
The position supports the Director, Student Engagement and focuses on all student affairs relating to the wider student experience, compliance, equity and discipline. The role liaises with professional/general and academic University staff, providing advice and assistance on best practice in dealing with complaints, appeals and student disciplinary matters ensuring compliance with relevant policy and legislation.
This role is essential to the continuous improvement of the student experience.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Be responsible for the administration of student discipline processes, appeals and complaints
- Provide advice and guidance to academic and professional staff on policy and legislation interpretation in regards to student disciplinary matters
- Liaise with the Faculty’s Schools in the investigation of student cases relating to academic misconduct.
- Review/monitor policies relating to student discipline appeals and complaints
- As a member of the University community, demonstrate the highest possible standards of professional and personal conduct, modelling the University’s Values and Signature Behaviours
- Work collaboratively, and where necessary autonomously, on projects and initiatives being delivered with internal and/or external partners
- Work collaboratively with Director as the need arises (e.g. Open Day, Orientations and prospective student events)
- Assist with promotional efforts to increase student participation
- Undertake other activities which the incumbent might reasonably be expected to do, and which are consistent with the accountabilities and responsibilities as listed above.
Please refer to the attached position description for more information.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL HAVE:
- Completion of an associate diploma and considerable relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education/training
- Demonstrated effectiveness in both oral and written communication with a well-developed cross cultural sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple and often competing tasks with attention to accuracy and detail within deadlines.
SUPPORTING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE
At Curtin University, we embraces diversity and inclusion and invite applications from women, men and intersex individuals who share the University's values, ethics, international outlook, value diversity and have an informed respect for indigenous people.
HOW TO APPLY
Click ‘Apply now’
Together, we can make tomorrow better.
|Benefits and Remuneration:||The salary ranges presented are those which are contained within the University's Enterprise Agreements; as are the employee benefits which include employer superannuation contribution at the rate of the current Government Superannuation Guarantee amount up to 17 percent, study assistance, a comprehensive salary packaging and wellness programs and flexible and family friendly work practices.|
|Contact Person:||Hannah Wilkinson, Director Student Engagement|
|Valuing Diversity and Affirmative Action:||Curtin University embraces diversity and inclusion and invites applications from women, men and intersex individuals who share the University's values, ethics, international outlook, value diversity and have an informed respect for indigenous people. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace, therefore, if you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process. All personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.|
|Submit Application:||To submit an application, click on the Apply Now button.|
|Disclaimer:||Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at anytime.|
Back to job search
Curtin is an internationally focused research and teaching university based in Perth, Western Australia. We have campuses in Singapore, Malaysia and Dubai with strong connections to businesses, industries and over 90 universities worldwide.
|Live Jobs: 16 - View all Jobs|
|Sector Specialisms: Education & Training|