ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the Acting Nurse Unit Manager, this role will see you managing one of our Antenatal / Postnatal Wards at Mercy Hospital for Women. Join our busy unit with a diverse and committed team of ANUMs, Midwifery staff and Lactation Consultants
• This is a full time position, 80 hours per fortnight
• Fixed Term contract until January 2019
• Provide effective leadership and strategic direction within the unit
• Ensure high quality clinical practices and patient care
• Collaborate with the other NUMs within the Postnatal / Antenatal Unit
• Opportunity for you to seek innovative improvements in patient care
• Tactically manage the operational, financial, human and information resources within the unit
• Midwifery Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
• Relevant Clinical qualifications and skills, and a Post Graduate qualification (or working towards) in management or equivalent
• Extensive experience in maternity services and demonstrated achievements in driving clinical innovation
• Proven leadership and management experience, awareness of financial and budgetary processes
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with a diverse, multidisciplinary team
• You are keen to bring your Midwifery and Management skills to a specialist facility
Mercy Hospital for Women is a fully accredited Level 3 Specialist Teaching Hospital in obstetrics & gynaecology, neonatology, anaesthetics and gynaecological oncology. We are a specialist referral centre with the medical, nursing, midwifery and allied health expertise to treat the most complex obstetric, neonatal and gynaecological cases.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 7500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Values driven culture
• Salary packaging benefits
• Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
• Camp Australia School Holiday Program
• Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
• Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
• Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Gill Evans, Program Director Women’s & Children’s Services, Mercy Hospitals Victoria Limited. Phone (03) 8458 4628.
Alternatively contact Jonelle Mais, Mercy Health Recruitment Advisor on 0429 984 863 or email@example.com. Enquiries welcome.
Quote Ref No: MHW150
Applications Close: 21/09/2017
|Job Type:||Full time|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Mercy Health provides care services to people at every stage of their life. Join a workplace of passionate people who put care as its number one priority; for both clients & staff.
|Live Jobs: 30 - View all Jobs|
|Sector Specialisms: Healthcare & Medical|